MARLBOROUGH PTA NEWS
Welcome to the first PTA newsletter of 2020! We hope that you all had a lovely Christmas and are excited for what this year has in store.
We’d like to thank everyone who got behind our many events and initiatives last term. As you will know we have been trialling a number of things to see how their fare and are delighted with the outcome of each.
Thanks to your support, last term we raised over £7,850 which will go directly to the school, benefiting all pupils. We are continuing to work closely with the school to identify where we are best placed to support and provide funding. To date we have spent £1,533 in:
- Ensuring that fun was had in classrooms in the lead up to Christmas, providing each class with games to have their own party – whilst also preparing for this term’s ‘Play’ topic.
- Providing centralised resources which will be used across the school
- Supporting outdoor resources which have included equipment and soil to maintain the chicken coop
On an ongoing basis we have agreed to provide £400 per term for centralised resources for the school. We have also spent funds on the lovely tote bags and bottles which we have in stock to sell at future events. A round up of activities and the money raised is below:
- Marlborough Winter Fair – this is the first time we have run such an event and it was a great success, raising over £1,621. We had fantastic stallholders, with pizza and drinks on offer too. A huge thank you to everyone who turned out to support the event. We’re hoping to run another later in the year and hope the weather will be a little kinder to us next time
- Christmas concerts – thanks to all families for giving so generously at the shows. We’d like to thank the School Council for recognising the hard work that the PTA is doing to raise money – thanks to this amazing community effort £1,715.50 was donated to the school
- Christmas gifts (cards, mugs, tea towels) – for the first time in a good few years, we decided to run this initiative and are thrilled to have raised £918.40
- This year we saw some fantastic raffle prizes, with lots of lovely, local companies supporting us. Well done to all of our winners – we hope you have been able to enjoy your prizes. The raffle raised £544
Without your support we wouldn’t be able to put on events and, as always, we’re looking for support and ideas of what you’d like to see happen at Marlborough. If you have any ideas or can help please do see one of the team or email email@example.com
To make our funds go further, we are keen to hear from parents who may have access, through their employer, to a match-funding scheme.
We’ve had some great success recently but we’re always on the lookout for more ways of benefiting our children. If you can help please do contact us through the Facebook page or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
On behalf of everyone we’d like to thank the following parents, who through their employer links, have been able to provide funding from the below activities:
- Marlborough Winter fair – £628 – match funded by an employer of a parent in 1C
- Reception Bake for Books – £351 – match funded by an employer of a parent in Reception
- Halloween disco – £386 – match funded by an employer of a parent in 5MC
BOOKS FLY INTO THE CLASSROOMS!
Reception and Year 4 pupils are the latest to have their delivery of books and we have been thrilled with the feedback.
Each bake sale has meant money has been able to go directly into
classrooms, with the PTA buying age appropriate books. From these bake sales we’ve also donated books to the Snug.
Thanks to parents and carers for their support in baking and donating goods, whilst a huge well done goes to the pupils who are helping out to make their bake sale a huge success!
Some of our caring pupils want to raise money for the victims of the Australian bush fires. On Monday 27 January, to coincide with Australia Day, a bake sale,
amongst other events will be held. Further information will be published by the school.
To support this we are postponing the planned “bake for books” January sale, however the children will still need your marvellous baking donations.
Please bring cake donations to the shelter on the Monday morning. All funds raised will be added together and go directly to the Australian Wildfires Fund which supports crucial actions on the ground, firefighting, as well as local communities and providing wildlife rescue and recovery.
DATES FOR YOUR DIARY!
– 13 February – Valentine Disco
– 27 February – Bake for Books – Year 5
– 19 March – Bake for Books – Year 3
– 20 March – PTA Quiz Night
We’re also thinking of organising a spring clean sale but would love to hear your thoughts on having a pre-loved sale of toys, game and other items which you no longer need that could find a new home somewhere within our community.
Please follow us for all the latest news!